Saturday, October 29, 2011

Decorating with Wedding Gifts




We were so lucky to receive so many lovely and functional wedding gifts (wedding 09-10-11) and we have been busy finding a home for each special piece. Two really special, handmade gifts were from the collaboration of 1. three of my bridesmaids (Sarah, Kristen, & Molly--all with something else in common :) ) and 2. a group of ladies from the Wake Forest days that continue to stay in touch via a private blog we have had going for 5 years now!

The plate is a replica of our wedding invitation. They ladies did an amazing job with the replica and the plate will be a really cool way for Westin and I to remember the special, little details of our wedding.

The frame is a display of the three places Westin and I can call home together. First, Winston-Salem, North Carolina more locally known as "The Dash" and home to Wake Forest University--the home of the Deamon Deacons and Westin and my first meeting place. The second, Atlanta, Georgia where Westin and I both grew up and continued to live after college--the home of Coca-Cola, the "Dirty Birds", and where Westin and I tied the knot. The third, Orange County, California the place we now call home and have lived together for the last three years--the home of the MTV hit Laguna Beach, the Bravo hit The Real Housewives of Orange County, and well many other hit guilty pleasure reality shows.

Westin and I really love these special gifts and I am also digging the wall collage--many inspirational collages to be found on Pinterest. Don't forget to follow me http://pintrest.com/joymelaniejoy and I would love to follow you too! XOXO!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous collage, Mel! I love the plate based on your wedding invite. Where did they make the plate??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plate artist was found on etsy: http://www.etsy.com/people/ToYourArtsContent

    I am told this was the artists second ever sale--not too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel! I LOVE your blog name and I love your house decorations! yay! :) sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw your Mr. Laurence plate via pinterest. I'm super honored that you picked my design for your wedding. A huge Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what YOU think. I love comments :)