Saturday, January 7, 2012

2012 -- Week One

So, my new year is off to a slow start. Westin has been at Disney World with his parents all week which leaves me riding solo for the week. The extra alone time gave me time really think about those 2012 New Years Resolutions. I thought I would revisit the list (in no particular order)...

1. blog at least 3-4 times a week--hopefully this is not going to be hard. There are SO many inspiring blogs and projects out there and on Pinterest I hope that I can keep the content interesting :)

2. Take Cooking Classes -- I really want to learn the basics and I was looking into Sur la Tab and Williams and Sonoma classes but ultimately liked the idea of a more homey and intimate school--I choose TSpoons which is really close to where I work!

3. Attend Dave Ramsay Financial Peace University Classes--I signed up this week! Westin and I will attend every Thursday for 90 days. I am really excited! We do not have any debt or major problems, but I am excited to learn how we can be really methodical with our finances and save for a vacation! Financial issues seem to be a major issue for married couples and I really want Westin and I to get started with a good foundation!

4. Run another Marathon--maybe Greece in November ?? :)

5. Run another 1/2 Marathon--all signed up for the Tinkerbell 1/2 later this month.

6. Break 20 minutes in the 5K. This one is going to be tough and require a lot of training. I need to brainstorm with Westin how to make this one happen.

7. Reduce the amount of time watching tv--would like to get rid of it all together. If I stick to the next resolution I think I will in turn watch less TV.

8. Read 10 Books. Any recommendations? I love memoirs. Thinking I will start with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

9. Nag less, enjoy more. Self explanatory.

10. Take an international trip this year--if we stick to the finance plan and sign up for the Greece Marathon--I could knock out 3 resolutions!

11. Smile Everyday--I think I already do this but I just like this idea!

Here are a few photos for fun...



2 comments:

  1. we dont' really have any debt so i've never gone, but have friends that just LOVE dave ramsey so that will be really cool!!

    I really want to do an international marathon this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just wondering how new year's resolutions #2 through #11 were going...since it's clear #1 is....

    :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what YOU think. I love comments :)