Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wedding Music



I cannot explain to you how this song makes me feel. I am not a huge music buff, but there is something about this song that takes over my whole body, mind, and soul and puts me in a trance. I first heard this song when my sister and her husband Brandon were married in Charleston, SC this past February. It was the song that was played as she walked down the aisle and the church doors swung open beautifully and dramatically at the bridge of the song to welcome the Bride. Brandon's reaction was the most raw and beautiful thing I have ever seen. I knew I had one bada$$ brother in law in that moment.

So, when Westin and I were planning our ceremony this September it was only fitting to not only have the same music but to have Brandon sing and play the guitar for us. He is an amazing artist and I cannot thank him enough for the amazing music he produced. His voice is like butter and as I walked toward Westin with this song playing his voice was like home. Everything felt right.



As I sit here writing and listening to the song, I honestly have tears flowing and am so happy. Somehow that day I managed to keep it together--miracle. So, with all that said, I wanted to share this song and reflect on how special Brandon playing this song was for Westin and I. I am also really pumped to get a copy of the ceremony video so I can replay the songs over and over. I am not sure if Brandon thought through agreeing to play the music, but I will definetly ask him to play the song at Christmas a minimum of 4 to 5 times. Thanks Brandon--you seriously rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what YOU think. I love comments :)