Wednesday, November 9, 2011

X-acto Knife Art






Yes!! One of my favorite artists, Nikki McClure, just released her 2012 Calendar and it is to die for as is all her work. I first discovered Nikki's work while visiting my college roommate/bff, Sarah, in Amherst, Massachusetts. Amongst the organic-only restaurants, and literally picking our own produce on the visit, we stopped by this cute-cute shop--The Claw Foot Tub. All the sparkley and neat treasures grabbed my attention, but Nikki's art was framed all over the shop and really caught my eye.

Nikki uses everyday life as her inspiration, black paper as her medium, and an X-acto knife as her tool--she literally carves the images out with a knife! The end result is so raw and beautiful. I am inspired by the simplicity of her art and it seems like I take a deep, meaningful breath each time I gaze at Nikki's work--seen here in our living room.

I am definetly planning to buy the 2012 calendar and found a 3-pack for $40 on the buyolympia website--can anyone say Christmas Presents?? Many other gift-worthy treasures can be found here too--my next fav being Ryan Berkley--yum, yum, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what YOU think. I love comments :)